Friday
26.05.2017
04:49
Search
Follow us
Rafa Time
Next Tournament
ATP Rankings TOP10
Follow Rafa Nadal
Visitors
Friends
Calendar
«  May 2016  »
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
      1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
3031
Stats
Archive

RAFAEL NADAL KING OF TENNIS

Главная » 2016 » May » 27 » PHOTOS/VIDEO: Rafael Nadal has withdrawn from Roland Garros 2016 with a left wrist injury.
18:17
PHOTOS/VIDEO: Rafael Nadal has withdrawn from Roland Garros 2016 with a left wrist injury.
 

"I have to retire from the tournament because I have a problem in my wrist that I have since couple of weeks," said the nine-time champion.

"I arrived here with a little bit of pain but I thought it was something I would be able to manage, but every day it got a bit worse.

"We spent a lot of hours here to try to play and yesterday I played with a injection in the wrist and anaesthetic. I could play but there was more and more pain and this morning I could feel that I could not move my wrist much.

"I came here, had an MRI and the results are not positive. It's not 100 per cent - it's not broken but if I keep playing it's going to be broken in the next couple of days."

The Spaniard, seeded No.4 at Roland-Garros 2016, announced at a press conference that he had arrived with pain in his wrist that had surfaced two weeks before his arrival in Paris.

Nadal had been due to face fellow Spaniard Marcel Granollers in the third round on Saturday after notching up his 200th Grand Slam match win against Facundo Bagnis.

"This is one of the toughest press conferences of my career," Nadal continued, admitting he was playing through the pain barrier. "If it wasn't Roland-Garros, I probably wouldn't have taken the risks. It's the most important event of the year for me.

"We took the risks yesterday. To have won the tournament I would have had to play five more matches and the doctor told me that was 100 per cent impossible.

Nadal, wearing a wrist brace, said the injury first flared up during his quarter-final match in Madrid against Joao Sousa earlier this month, after which he underwent treatment in Barcelona before heading to Rome, where he lost in the quarter-finals to Novak Djokovic.

Having played on anti-inflammatories in Italy, Nadal said the pain began to return prior to his departure for Paris.

"When I arrived here, every day is worse," Nadal said. "I cannot play with my forehand. That's the real thing."

By withdrawing from Roland-Garros, Nadal hopes to avoid surgery to his wrist.

"For the moment I need a couple of weeks with the immobilisation. Then we're going to do the treatment, and we hope the treatment works well. We expect to recover quick, to be ready for Wimbledon. But at this moment, you know, it's not a moment to talk about that."

"I feel myself with the right motivation and the right energy to be back at Roland Garros the next couple of years," he added. "It’s a tournament that I love so much."


Source: rolandgarros.com

 

♦     ♦     ♦

 

"Я должен сняться с турнира, потому что у меня есть проблема с запястьем, уже пару недель," сказал девятикратный чемпион.

"Я чувствовал небольшую боль, когда приехал сюда, но я думал, что смогу контролировать это, но каждый день становилось немного хуже".

"Мы провели много часов здесь, чтобы попытаться играть, и вчера я играл с обезболивающей инъекцией в запястье. Я мог бы играть, но там боль становиась все сильнее и сильнее и, этим утром, я  почувствовал, что я не могу двигать запястьем".

"Я приехал сюда, было проведено МРТ и результаты не очень хорошие. Это не перелом/разрыв, но если бы я продолжил играть, это могло бы произойтив ближайшие пару дней."

"Это одна из самых сложных пресс-конференций в моей карьере", продолжил Надаль, признав, что он играл через боль. "Если бы это не был Ролан Гаррос, я бы, наверное, не рискнул играть. Это самое важное событие года для меня".

"Мы рисковали вчера. Для того, чтобы выиграть турнир мне пришлось бы сыграть еще пять матчей, и врач сказал мне, что это на 100 процентов невозможно".

Надаль заявил, что травма появилась во время четвертьфинального матча в Мадриде против Жоао Соуза, в начале этого месяца, после чего он проходил лечение в Барселоне, прежде чем отправиться в Рим, где он проиграл в четвертьфинале Новаку Джоковичу.

Сыграв на противовоспалительных в Италии, Надаль сказал, что боль начала возвращаться перед отъездом в Париж.

"Когда я приехал сюда, каждый день было хуже," сказал Надаль. "Я не могу играть мой форхэнд. Это реальная вещь."

Снимаясь с Ролан Гаррос, Надаль надеется избежать операции на его запястье.

"На данный момент мне нужно пару недель с фиксирующей повязкой. Затем мы будем проводить лечение, и мы надеемся, что оно поможет. Мы ожидаем бысро восстанавиться, чтобы быть готовым к Уимблдону. Но в данный момент, не время говорить об этом ".

"Я чувствую себя с правильной мотивации и правильной энергией, чтобы вернуться на Ролан Гаррос в ближайшие пару лет", добавил он. "Это турнир, который я очень люблю."

Перевод: Tanika Molvi

 

Photo: Getty Images; AFP; BPI

 

• Full press conference

Views: 538 | Added by: tanika | Rating: 0.0/0
Comments: 0
Add comments can only registered users.
[ Регистрация | Вход ]